- Go to Desktop and right-click, choose Screen Resolution.
2. Click the Resolution drop-down to view current available screen resolutions.
3. Go to http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU and download the latest version of CRU (Custom Resolution Utility). Extract to folder and run CRU.exe.
4. You can see the list of current available screen resolutions. Click the Add button below Detailed resolutions.
5. For this example, we want to add the screen resolution 1920 x 1080. For that we enter 1920 in horizontal active pixels, then 1080 in vertical lines. For basic setup, you don’t need to change anything else. Click the Ok button.
6. The new screen resolution in now added on the list of Detailed resolutions list. But we have to restart the PC in order for the changes to apply.
7. Once you restarted your PC. Go to Desktop, right-click and choose Screen Resolution. The added custom resolution 1920 x 1080 is now on the list.
Custom Resolution list for widescreen (16:9):
- 2560 x 1440
- 1920 x 1080
- 1600 x 900
- 1366 x 768 (normally for laptops or 14″ monitors)
- 1280 × 720
- 1152 × 648
- 1024 × 576